10 February 2014

Sold Monster.com. Purchased Verizon

While writing my previous post I had decided to sell my Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:MWW) stock somewhere between $7 and $25 a share - probably closer to $7.  Really I was thinking that I'd hold out until it was $10 or so per share.

But then I nearly sold MWW on Thursday at $7.34 a share.  It was a confluence of the MWW stock being profitable for me AND of Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ) stock being priced very low.  The timing didn't quite work out Thursday.

Well, on Friday the 7th, MWW went higher - looks like its intraday high was $7.80 - and Verizon stayed relatively low.  I was able to make my trades.

I sold 750 shares of MWW at $7.44 a share.  After subtracting fees, etc, that's a gross of $5,569.91.

I purchased 119 shares of Verizon at $46.69 per share.  With fees that cost me a total of $5,566.10.

I will write more about my plans for Verizon, but I don't have time right now.  My sell order is in for $54.25, but that's subject to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment