11 September 2014

Bought more BABB.

Evidently I'm utterly incapable of sitting on any significant cash for 24 hours.  I had a couple of thousand left over from the sale of my USA Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:USAT) stock on Wednesday.  Today I linvested it in more BAB, Inc. (OTCMKTS:BABB) stock.

I like to know when an investment is going to pay off.  I like to, at the very least, have some idea.  That's a huge part of why I sold USAT yesterday.  I didn't really know when it was going to increase beyond the range in which it had already been moving.

For much the same reason I sold my Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) stock at the end of August. I was pretty sure it had gone as high as it was going to go for a while.  There was some risk that by selling when I did I would miss out on some awesome profits resulting from Apple's 9 September announcements.  I suspected the risk was greater, though, that Apple's announcements couldn't meet, much less exceed, the expectations of the technorati.  With a choice between take the win or risk a loss, I opted for the former.

When I'm sitting on some cash and I don't have any insights about any bits of particularly fortuitous timing then I look to the dividend stocks.  I bought TICC Capital Corp. (NASDAQ:TICC) yesterday because its ex-dividend date is coming up, and I noticed today that BABB's ex-dividend date is also approaching.

BABB pays nearly 8% in dividends each year.  It pays $0.06 per share per year.  Officially it pays $0.04 per share per year, but at the end of each year they consistently throw in an extra $0.02 on top of the regular quarterly payment.  If I hold my BABB stock through the end of the year then I'll make at least a 5% profit.  It's also just a good buy and hold to leave my money in for a more extended period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment