31 January 2014

Purchased DDD. Again.

I purchased 61 shares of 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD).  This is the fourth time I've purchased this stock since I started tracking this portfolio in September 2011.

Historically I have purchased DDD after it's hit a significant high price and then retreated a bit.  I then have sold when it has hit that price again.

In the case of this particular equity I do find myself wondering if I should have just held onto my shares.  I mean, I purchased 100 shares at $15.50 each back in 2011 and since then the stock has done a 3:2 split and then climbed above $96 a share.  It would have been nice to sell 150 shares for $96, grossing $14,400 from an investment of $1,550.

But that's the benefit of hindsight.  There's a lot to be said for taking the profit when you're not sure what's going to happen next.

Well, I purchased my latest round of shares at $77.90 and I plan to sell them at the aforementioned price of $96.  I'll tell you how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment