31 January 2012

Disclosure

Well, I just decided to do some selling and buying, so in the interest of full disclosure I'm posting about it immediately.  This will be a supplemental entry to the regular weekly blog.

I've put in a sell order for Netflix (NFLX) at $121.44.  That particular dollar-amount makes me a 50% profit on the buy and sell trades for Netflix, including the trading fees.

The reason for the sudden sell is NOT that I don't believe in Netflix.  The reason is that I believe in Amazon (AMZN) MORE, and there's an opportunity to buy Amazon.  In after-hours trading today Amazon dropped about 7% or more as a result of the company's quarterly report.  That brings the stock price down to the range in which I want to buy it.  I can only afford to buy 17 shares, and I prefer round numbers, so I'll probably buy 15 shares at something less than $180 per share.

I will only be able to do this if my Netflix shares sell, of course.  Netflix was a bit weird today, and may not get up to my sell price tomorrow.

None of my orders will go into effect in any meaningful way until Wednesday morning at 9:30AM Eastern, so this disclosure comes about 17 hours before my trades might begin to happen.

I guess tomorrow will be an interesting day for me.  I'll let you know how it turns out, when I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment