28 August 2014

Sold AAPL. Bought SSP.

I sold my 71 shares of Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) today at a price of $102.40 each.  I purchased 10 shares for $500.02 each back in January.  The 7-for-1 split in June made it so that I possessed 70 shares that cost me $71.43 each.  I received another share through dividend reinvestment over a few quarters. 

After fees I netted a profit of 44.9%.

For now I'm keeping a little in cash, but I turned around and sunk the bulk of my AAPL money into The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE:SSP).  Again.  This time I bought 320 shares at $18.7963 each. 

I had previously purchased 135 shares of SSP back in January.  I bought 120 more in April.  I sold all 255 in May.  I netted a little over 12%.  I hope to do a little better this time.


SSP has increased revenue lately, largely due to political advertisements.  I expect they'll do well between now and November.  I hope to sell for $22 a share somewhere in that time.  SSP has already hit that mark a couple times in intraday trading in the past month.  If I'm right then I'll make over 15% for a relatively brief investment.

As ever, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment